The Head of Entertainment is overall responsible to create and deliver the strategic vision and direction for the onboard entertainment experience, fully owning all contractual, legal and financial aspects of MSC Cruises entertainment operations and partnerships such as, but not limited to, Talent Agencies, Production Company's and creative consultants.
The Head of Entertainment provides leadership, direction, guidance and development for shoreside and shipboard teams and ensures performance standards are met by departmental employees and exceptional guest experience is delivered in alignment with the brands vision.
• Defines, creates and implements the overall global Entertainment product offered on the different units of the fleet.
• Defines for every ship appropriate entertainment adapted to the itinerary and to the taste of the different demographics of guests on board, ensuring that the MSC product is recognizable internationally.
• Drives innovation and new venue design, by leading conceptualization, development and execution of innovative entertainment experiences and activities including potential partnerships that keep our brand on the leading edge of the industry while driving guest satisfaction.
• Supports the Executive team for all new buildings projects related to Entertainment.
• Creates presentations that visualize current or proposed future programming for presentation to senior leadership.
• Partners with Sales, Marketing, PR, Hotel Operations and other departments to develop and execute entertainment experiences and to support campaigns and sales initiatives across the organization.
• Monitors guest feedback and customer demographics to ensure successful programming and continuous improvement in ratings through action plan follow up.
• Prepares and follows up yearly budget (+50M Euros), monitoring all entertainment costs in order to maximise value of products on offer and to ensure implementation of new projects.
• Researches, vets and leads RFP process for industry-leading partners and vendors to create new and innovative entertainment.
• Collaborates with Legal and Finance teams to develop most cost-effective and favorable contracts for production, partnerships and vendors, ensuring any licensing requirements are met.
• Forecasts and oversees capital and operating budgets.• Liaises with other area of the business (Marketing, Sales, Finance, and HR Crew) to align actions and goals in order to provide an outstanding experience to our customers and to achieve sales targets.
• Ensures highest level of onboard entertainment staff is sourced and developed to ensure our guests receive an elevated experience.
• 10+ years' work experience in the entertainment industry at corporate level is a must, with an emphasis in developing and managing innovative entertainment programs.
• Strong experience working in organisations catering for customers globally, understanding cultural differences and needs.
• Expert knowledge of entertainment programming development process including, but not limited to, timeline creation and management, production and operating budget forecasting and management, negotiating, vendor/partner procurement and management, approval process management and rollout scheduling.
• Proven track record of developing and launching successful and innovative large-scale entertainment experiences and programs within budget.
• Ability to write, and create comprehensive reports, presentations, RFPs, business correspondence and department policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management, groups of managers, employees, staff and customers.
• Fluent English. Any additional language is an advantage.
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel .
• Bachelor's Degree in Entertainment, Arts Administration is an advantage.
Required to travel internationally approximately 40% of work-related time.
Livello di anzianità: Direttore
Settore: Tempo libero, viaggi e turismo
Tipo di impiego: Contratto
Inviare CV (send your CV).